We are able to provide a wide range of fees for our face-to-face services and they are based on the experience and credentials of your therapist. A sliding scale is available and is based upon your combined gross household income and number of dependents under 18 years. Some of our therapists also offer a time-limited low fee program to qualifying clients - please ask your therapist or our administrative staff for more information. BAIC does not offer free counseling at this time. Our fees are based on 50 minute sessions.
Cash, check, and all major credit cards through our online payment only with PayPal. Payment is due at the time of service. There is a $30 fee for all returned checks.
Bay Area Integrative Counseling does not bill insurance directly, however services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Our therapists are able to provide you with a superbill receipt for each session for you to submit to your provider. Payment is due at the time of service. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- What type of plan do I have (e.g., HMO, PPO, EPO, etc.)?
- Does my insurance cover services for an "out of network" provider?
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Does my insurance require a licensed counselor or are registered interns practicing under a supervisor's license covered under my plan?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
We require at least 24 hours advance notice for cancellations - the full cost of the session is due for late cancellations or no-shows.